Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Salary: £30,000 to £35,000
Hours: 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday
Overall function of the job
Responsibility for Customer Services. Excellent customer service is delivered by handling calls effectively, efficiently and with professionalism. Processing both received customer orders and calls. Managing effective processes and ensuring high levels of customer service is achieved and maintained, taking responsibility for the incoming calls and providing the Customer with the required answer / action, liaising with other departments where necessary. Provide training and oversight to Customer Services team, ensuring progression in knowledge and service levels. Goal and KPI setting for Customer Service team in conjunction with management.
- Review, Audit and Align Customer Service process and procedures to ensure best practice within
- Work with managers and co-ordinate work of the Customer Service Desk Teams, and co-ordinate across all depots.
- Produce, implement and change, where necessary, processes and procedures to ensure efficient and effective working.
- Effective communication with Customer Service team on performance, procedures and changes
- Proactively review and suggest improvements to processes and work practice
- Customer call handling both internal and external within Swindon, all calls answered within agreed time scales
- Train and improve Customer Service Team’s approach and attitude towards their role. Motivate, Monitor and Evaluate Customer Service Coordinators
- Process all customer orders received by phone, email, fax
- Review Response and resolution of all customer requests and queries in a timely manner and within the agreed timescales, taking ownership of these queries.
- Monitor volume and call content as required
- Perform all administration tasks accurately and on time in accordance with procedures.
- Provide ultimate departmental support for Customer queries and complaints
- Work closely with colleagues throughout the business on a daily basis.
- Develop and implement a quality customer service culture throughout the depot.
- Assist with Operational responsibility within the department
- Ensure that all aspects of the Health & Safety policy are adhered to at all times.
- Maintain appropriate system for measuring aspects of overall performance.
- Assist depots to manage assets efficiently and ensure adequate controls are maintained and monitored to protect company’s assets.
- Engage with other Managers/Supervisors and departments where necessary
Key Performance Measures
- Audit report, improvement suggestions and monitoring
- work is completed to required standard and timescales with continuous improvement
- Efficiency increase.
- All calls answered politely and within agreed timescales.
- Excellent, focused and productive team.
- All orders processed accurately and audit trail available
- Maintain and improve customer satisfaction at all times.
- Reduction in the number of customer complaints.
- Monitored by the Manager
- All Customer Service Coordinators are trained motivated and undertake work to the required standards.
- Complaints resolved quickly
- Maintain key contacts and excellent working relationships.
- Consistent customer service measures
- Reduction in quit rates.
- Company policies followed.
- Satisfactory audit and systems review.
- Regular communication maintained at all levels.
- Work on own initiative as well as part of the team
- Analytical skills to help focus attention.
- Ability to take ownership of customer’s requirements and issues with diplomacy on both a verbal and written level
- Excellent telephone and communication skills
- Management and people skills, able to motivate a team and obtain the best from people
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Ability to proactively manage a varied and demanding workload
- Good eye and keen attention for detail
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to cope well under pressure.
- Approachable and supportive to team members.
- Ability to create and use workflows and procedures / process
- Good understanding of the job roles, routing and geographical areas.
- An understanding of the products and services available.
- Be aware of customer’s financial position in relation to credit control
- Good understanding of the Company procedures.