Defined Benefit Consultant
Salary: £41,000 to £61,000
Hours: Full time
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Our Client has an amazing opportunity to join their team as a Defined Benefit Consultant. In this exciting role, you will be reviewing both the advice and the suitability of the recommendation for the client on behalf of the Pension Transfer Specialist.
- Responsibility for the checking of advice and suitability of the recommendation completed by the Pension Transfer Specialists.
- Ensuring your review complies with the COBS Suitable Advice Framework and that a full detailed analysis is completed on each of your cases.
- Working in collaboration with the Pension Transfer Specialists and Advisers to ensure the clients’ needs are met and any advice issues are resolved.
- Helping with the alignment of Defined Benefit processes to Pensions Regulations and Legislation, the Financial Services market place and the clients requirements.
- Ensuring consistency and quality of decisions within the team through quality assessment of your peers and team pulse meetings.
- Identify and champion improvements to Sales Process and escalate exceptions of Adviser trends.
- Ensure agreed case targets and Service Level Agreements are met.
- Undertake all aspects of the role in line with the Clients Codes of Conduct.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Level 4 Diploma
- G60, AF3 and/or Certificate in Pension Transfers
- Chartered status.
- You will have extensive experience within a Compliance based role in Financial Services and able to handle sometimes difficult and challenging customer situations.
- A knowledge of COBS products and sales processes, COBS pensions regulations and legislation requirements, Treating Customers Fairly, GDPR and Financial Crime.
- An excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- Sound judgement and decision-making skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving ability with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain composure whilst under pressure and to prioritise, organise and delegate accordingly.